Friends of Village Life

A family adventure

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Wild Horses

(Catherine here)
Maybe I am just a bit saddle sore from my new bike (kong) but arriving in Battambang feels like learning to ride a wild horse! We are moving forward at quite a pace but I am not sure that I have got much control over where the horse is going..... The ride has been smooth so far but I am not sure whether I am going to get bucked off at any moment.

Has the horse got a saddle, stirrups and reins?
Tim feels like the saddle helping me feel secure.
The local expats (mainly filipino) and khmers we have met so far feel like the reins helping me get a handle on how to talk and learn where things are.
Any ideas what the stirrups are or how they work?

I feel that if I can just maintain my balance long enough to make friends with the horse we will be ok and be able to enjoy the ride.

2 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, 28 February, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy birthday Tim. I'm sure one could suggest all sorts of things for your stirups Catherine; how about your skills and your knowledge? Hope Eden's nappies have improved!

     
  • At Wednesday, 01 March, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hang on for the ride, pretty soon you'll be galloping like the wind and loving it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home