Friends of Village Life

A family adventure

Friday, March 10, 2006

We have a found a house to rent!

We have found a house to rent.
It is the house we are staying in now, yes, Luc's house.
(see family photos link for pictures of it from last years trip)
Luc has bought a house which his father in law is in the process of renovating and extending.
Luc is currently in Europe working but Tharin (his wife) and family are scheduled to move out of their current rented house in the middle of March (very soon!).

We have looked around at numerous houses in numerous neighbourhoods and come to the conclusion that the best house we have seen is the one we are in, so we have decided to rent it for an initial two and a half months trial with the view to staying in it all year.

The new house is not ready yet so it looks like Tharin and Da (the home help) will be staying with us till the end of March. It will be great to have them around that bit longer to get to know them better and to soften the transition to equipping and running a home in Cambodia. It will ne odd but nice to have them as our guests!

Little did I imagine that when I started chatting to Luc in Singapore airport last July yhat I would end up renting his kiddie proofed and electrically sound house.......It makes you wonder.

2 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, 14 March, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    great news about the house and great to see you all settling in so well especially forest and "little child"

     
  • At Friday, 17 March, 2006, Blogger blondebombshellincrises said…

    Hello Tim, Catherine, Forrest and Eden!
    I'm really enjoying reading your family blog and I'm very impressed indeed with how quickly you are all settling in. You are very good writers - I can really picture you, see the sights and smell the aromas. Catherine - your cooking makes my mouth water! I'm so pleased you have found a house to rent and I've just had a quick look at the photo of it - wow! I'm seeking God's guidance for a career change this year. I feel strongly he is leading me back into humanitarian aid work in some capacity so I'm now knocking on doors.
    Keep writing....
    Shalom
    Sarah

     

Post a Comment

<< Home